VACANCY RE-ANNOUNCEMENT - MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER
The Government of Mongolia (the Client) is undertaking a comprehensive Sustainable Livelihoods Program (SLP) with the support of the World Bank (the Bank) and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC). The objective of the current third phase of the Program is to further enhance rural community’s role in the government-funding process and improve governance and participation. The Ministry of Finance is currently seeking to recruit a qualified candidate for the following position for Project implementation:
MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER
The objective of this assignment is to manage and be responsible for all aspects of the Project’s monitoring and evaluation (M&E). The M&E Officer shall be accountable for maintaining an adequate M&E system for the Project that can provide accurate and timely information on the project’s performance and implementation status in a format and substance that is required by MOF and the World Bank, as well as to oversee key analytical activities on Project outputs and outcomes.
SCOPE OF WORK
• Prepare regular reports on project progress and on the detailed results framework for the Project as stipulated in relevant program and legal commitments;
• For this purpose, compile progress reports from Local Project Officers (LPOs) in close coordination with the Senior Technical Specialist on the key project activities at the local level including LDF guideline training and scale-up efforts on community participation good practices in the LDF process;
• Assist the Senior Technical Specialist in monitoring the Project's performance indicators at the aimag and soum levels;
• Provide planning, quality control and delivery of specialized studies to be conducted under the project (e.g. local investment study, project mid-term and endline studies, etc);
• Develop relevant TORs, survey instruments, questionnaires, guidelines, field manuals, etc needed for monitoring and reporting on the project progress and results;
• Assist in reviewing and validating results of the Annual Performance Assessment (APA) and conducting the relevant data analysis on the results towards preparation of APA report summaries for aimag and soum officials as well as for public dissemination in collaboration with the relevant project staff e.g. communications staff;
• Analyze reports and studies of relevant organizations and actors and, based on those, provide constructive feedback and inputs to improving the quality of the outcomes of the Project.
• Ensure quality control over project outputs and outcomes to be reported to the World Bank and Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC);
• Join project supervision and monitoring missions to carry out monitoring, assess results and/or to report on them;
• Provide inputs to development and operationalization of the LDF Management Information System with the view of sourcing project results-related data from the system; and
• Perform other duties and tasks related to M&E and other relevant aspects of the project implementation as reasonably requested by the Project Director.
CONSULTANT’S QUALIFICATION/SELECTION CRITERIA:
Successful applicants should have a strong background in project M&E. It is important that the applicant has good knowledge and experience of government operations in Mongolia and the Government of Mongolia’s policies and procedures. The Consultant should have:
• A postgraduate university degree in economics, social sciences, development studies or related fields;
• At least 5 years of professional work experience in monitoring and evaluation of public sector and/or local/community development projects. Experience with international organizations and development projects would be an asset;
• Strong quantitative analytical skills combined with a solid understanding of qualitative research methodologies. Familiarity with statistical and sampling methodologies and social research methodologies and approaches;
• Critical and analytical thinking skills on development issues and ability to perform professional-level research and analysis;
• Fluency in Mongolian and English languages, including strong writing skills;
• High integrity, accountability, and good team work spirit; and
• Ability and willingness to travel to the countryside frequently to monitor project implementation at the aimag and soum levels.
CONTRACT DURATION AND CONDITIONS:
All assignments are expected to commence in October 2020 with a probation period of 6 months. Upon satisfactory performance, contracts can be extended for up to 1 year at a time. Consultants will be selected in accordance with the World Bank Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers, October 2006.
If you possess the indicated qualifications, please submit a cover letter, indicating why you consider yourself suitable for the position, with a detailed CV highlighting skills/experience, copy of diplomas or certificates and two reference letters from last employers no later than 12:00 PM, October 20, 2020. Only successful candidates will be contacted. Application documents shall be submitted in person to the below address. Submitted documents will not be returned to the applicants. Incomplete applications would not be considered. If you need any further details, please feel free to contact us.
Contact address: Jigjid Banzragch, Procurement Specialist, Third Sustainable Livelihoods Project, 8th floor, Tod Tower Building, Ankara Street-23, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, Tel: +(976)-70009828(office); E-mail: email@example.com
2020 оны 10 сарын 09