The Government of Mongolia (GoM) is implementing the “Third Sustainable Livelihoods Project” (SLP3), which is funded by the International Development Association (IDA) and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC). The project development objective of the SLP3 is “to improve governance and community participation for the planning and delivery of priority investment in rural areas of Mongolia.” The project comprises the following components: (i) Capacity building for Local Governance and Livelihoods (Component 1); (ii) Good Governance Performance Based Support Program (Component 2); (iii) Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation (Component 3).
The Project focuses on supporting successful implementation of the Local Development Fund (LDF) introduced under the Integrated Budget Law (IBL) of 2011. In particular, it introduces an incentive mechanism to promote good governance at the soum level, rewarding those soums that embrace the participatory processes and incorporate good practice elements into their planning, budgeting, execution, monitoring and evaluation and fiduciary processes. One of the key principles of the LDF is ensuring community participation in all relevant processes of the LDF cycle at the local bagh and soum levels.
PROJECT JUNIOR CONSULTANT
The objective of this assignment is to support the Project’s monitoring and evaluation function and the related data collection largely using the recently developed LDF Management Information System (MIS). The Junior Consultant shall be responsible for monitoring and reporting on the data received from aimags and soums through the LDF MIS and assist the Project M&E Specialist in providing accurate and timely information on the project’s performance and implementation.
SCOPE OF WORK
• Assist in the data collection, monitoring, analysis and reporting on the project progress and on the detailed results framework for the Project largely through the use of the LDF MIS;
• Assist the MIS Technical Specialist in monitoring the LDF MIS utilization at the aimag and soum levels, with emphasis on the accuracy and completeness of data and the adherence to agreed procedures; This may include setting up a regular, periodic review process undr the guidance of the MIS Technical Specialist.
• Assist the M&E Specialist in monitoring the Project's performance indicators at the aimag and soum levels;
• Contribute to development of internal and external reports and presentations on findings/learnings to the as requested by the different project stakeholders;
• Contribute to the M&E and learning events convened from time to time as required; and
• Perform other duties and tasks related to M&E and other relevant aspects of the project implementation as reasonably requested by the Senior Technical Specialist and the Project Director.
CONSULTANT’S QUALIFICATION/SELECTION CRITERIA:
• Bachelor’s degree in finance or economics, social sciences, development studies or related fields;
• At least 1-2 years’ work experience, experience in development project will be an advantage;
• Knowledge of project cycle management and MIS;
• Ability to write reports and respond to formal communications clearly and effectively.
• Strong quantitative analytical skills combined with a solid understanding of qualitative research methodologies.
• Fluency in Mongolian and English languages, including strong writing skills;
• High integrity, accountability, and good team work spirit; and
• Ability and willingness to travel to the countryside frequently to monitor project implementation at the aimag and soum levels.
CONTRACT DURATION AND CONDITIONS: The assignments are expected to commence on September, 2022 with an expected duration of 6 months. Upon satisfactory performance, subject to the project’s needs, the contract can be extended. Consultants will be selected in accordance with the World Bank Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers, July 2016. If you possess the above qualifications, please submit a cover letter indicating why you consider yourself suitable for the position, with a detailed CV highlighting skills/experience, copy of diplomas or certificates and two reference letters from last employers no later than 12:00 PM, September 16, 2022. Only successful candidates will be contacted. Application documents shall be submitted in person to the below address. Submitted documents will not be returned to the applicants. Incomplete applications would not be considered. If you need any further details, please feel free to contact us.
Contact address: Procurement Specialist, SLP-3, 8th Floor, Tod Tower, Ankara street-23, 4th khoroo, Chingeltei district, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. Tel: 7000-9828.2022 оны 09 сарын 09